Direct naar paginainhoud

Civil registry extract

You may sometimes be asked to present a document showing your birth or marriage details. You will need a copy or extract from the civil status record for this. An civil registry extract may contain information about birth, marriage, registered partnership, divorce and death. Authorities may also request other documents.

Some authorities will need proof from you with data from the Civil Registry. This can be data about a birth, divorce, death, marriage or registered partnership. A certificate will have been drawn up for these events. This certificate is always kept in the municipality where it took place. You can request a digital copy or extract of this certificate, or make an appointment online to collect it and pay for it at the Burgerzaken counter (only with a debit card).

You can request the following extracts from the Civil Registry online:

All forms are Dutch only.

You will receive the extract within 5 working days of payment being received.

Please note: You can only request these extracts/copies of certificates from the municipality where the event took place. For example, the registration of a birth or marriage which took place in Almere. You will unfortunately not be eligible for a refund if you have applied for a certificate, but the event didn’t take place in Almere.



Civil registry extract

€ 16.60

Copy or extract of a civil status record

Extracts from the PRD

Some authorities require an extract with certain data from the PRD (Personal Records Database), which usually concerns a name, date/place of birth, address, place of residence. You can request the following PRD extracts online:

You will receive the extract within 5 working days of payment being received.

International certificate of life for abroad

Do you need an international certificate of life for abroad? You can’t apply for this online. You will need to make an appointment with Burgerzaken for this. You will need to attend this appointment in person with a valid proof of identity (driving licence, passport or identity card), you can’t authorise someone else to do this on your behalf.

You can’t request this online, even if you need an extract with specific data, like your citizen service number (for example to open a bank account). You always need to make an appointment for this and attend in person. Or you can make an appointment and authorise someone else to go to the appointment with the authorisation form (PDF, 90,1 kB), their own identification and (a copy of) your identification.

Request an extract for someone else

Make an appointment online to request an extract for someone else.

Make an appointment 

Please bring the following with you to your appointment:

  • a fully completed application form;
  • a valid proof of identity;
  • a fully completed authorisation form (PDF, 90,1 kB);
  • copy of valid proof of identity for the authorised representative.

Authorise someone

You can authorise someone else to request the copy/extract of the certificate. Use the authorisation form for this purpose. The authorised representative must bring the following along with the application:

  • the completed authorisation form;
  • a copy of your proof of identity;
  • his/her own proof of identity.

You can request a copy/extract of your child’s birth certificate as an authoritative parent. You don’t need the child's permission for this, even if the child is staying abroad or is 18 years old and above. You will need to log in with your own DigiD for the application.

Both partners can request a copy/extract of a marriage certificate. Your partner won’t need to give permission separately if you authorise someone else to do this.

Illustratie Almere skyline