Direct naar paginainhoud

Report a lost or stolen document or driving licence

Report a lost or stolen passport or ID card

Has your travel document (passport or identity card) been stolen? Please notify us as soon as possible. This will allow you to prevent fraudulent use of your passport or ID card.

Keep the following in mind when filing your report:

  • a parent (authority figure) must file the report for children up to the age of 12;
  • indicate whether this concerns an identity card or a passport; 
  • are more travel documents missing or stolen? Then submit a separate report for each document;
  • provide your email address with your report. You will receive a confirmation email as soon as your report has been processed;

This form is only available in Dutch.

New travel document

You can make an appointment online once you’ve filed your report via DigiD, or call 14 036 to request a new travel document. These applications can be made from 2 working days after your report.


A travel document which has been reported as lost or stolen will no longer be valid. So you won’t be able to use it anymore if you find it again. 

What to bring along to your appointment

Do you have another valid proof of identity; like a passport, ID card or driving licence? Then bring this along to your appointment.

Report a lost or stolen driving licence

Have you lost your driving licence, or has it been stolen? Then it’s important for you to register this with the RDW (DigiD required). The driving licence will then be immediately declared invalid. If the report has been registered with the RDW, you will receive a letter to confirm this. You can also schedule an appointment  online to register the missing item at the Burgerzaken counter, or call phone number 14 036.

New driving licence

You can apply for a new driving licence once you’ve submitted the report. You will need to make an appointment for this.

Illustratie Almere skyline