Direct naar paginainhoud

Registering a foreign marriage or partnership

If you got married or registered a partnership abroad, you must register this in the Municipal Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen - BRP). Make an appointment to register your foreign marriage or partnership.

Documents you need to bring

  • The original marriage certificate or certificate of registered partnership.
    If it is not in Dutch, English, German or French, you must bring a certified translation. If the certificate was translated abroad, you also must have the translation legalised. For further information, see Legalisation of documents on
  • Your own valid passport or ID card (not a driving licence).
  • A valid passport or ID card of your partner (not a driving licence). You may also bring a copy of the document.
Illustratie Almere skyline