Marriage and partnership
Do you want to get married or enter into a registered partnership? Then you must first notify us of your intended marriage. There must minimally be 14 days and no more than 1 year between your notification and the subsequent marriage.
- You and your partner have both lived in the Netherlands for at least six months.
- You are getting married in the Municipality of Almere
- Both parties are 18 years old or above on the wedding date.
Notification of an intended marriage or registered partnership
There are 2 ways to notify us of your intended marriage:
Option 1: Notify us online
You can notify us of your intended marriage or registered partnership online. Please make sure you have easy access to your own details, your partner’s details and your witnesses for the notification.
You or your partner will need to fill in the notification form for a digital notification. Download the notification form (PDF, 463 kb) (Dutch only) and fill it in digitally. You will subsequently be able to add (upload) it when you are ready to submit your digital notification.
This form is only available in Dutch.
Option 2: Submit a written notification
Don't have a DigiD? Then you also have the option of notifying us of your intended marriage or registered partnership in writing. Download the notification form (PDF, 463 kb) (Dutch only). And send us the completed notification form.
Submit the following
- Notification form completed and signed by both partners
- Copy of a valid passport for you, your partner and all witnesses
- Copy of the front and back of a valid residence permit for you and/or your partner
You can send the completed notification form and copies to:
1300 AE Almere
Costs marriage and partnership
|Simple ceremony on working days||9.00 - 17.00||€ 208.95|
|Regular ceremony on working days||9.00 - 17.00||€ 346.50|
|Regular ceremony on working days||18.00, 22.00||€ 577.50|
|Saturday and Sunday||9.00 - 17.00||€ 787.50|
|Marriage/Registered partnership at a different time|
and location outside town hall (in consultation with municipality)
|Wedding/partnership booklet||€ 26.15|
|Appointment and swearing in as a special civil registrar|
(buitengewoon ambtenaar van de Burgerlijke Stand)
Costs change, cancel or reschedule wedding date
|Moment of change||Costs|
|From one month until one week before the wedding date||50% of the fees due|
|In the week before or on the wedding date itself||100% of the fees due|
Costs marriage/registered partnership products
|Converting a registered partnership into a marriage||€ 48.30|
|Visit from a civil servant to assess the security of the wedding venue||€ 116.45|
|Civil servant as witness, per witness||€ 34.95|
The waiting time for a free ceremony is currently 5 months. These ceremonies are conducted on Monday mornings at 9.00 or 9.30. However, there are a number of conditions attached to this:
- A maximum of 6 people, including the bridal couple and witnesses, may be present;
- The ceremony will not take place in the wedding hall, but in a Burgerzaken room;
- There is no usher present during the ceremony;
- It’s not possible to play music before, during or after the ceremony;
- No speech is given by the Civil Registrar, he or she will only state the legally required wording.
You can also opt for a simple wedding or partnership ceremony at the town hall. This is possible on weekdays between 9.00 and 17.00.
- a maximum of 16 people may be present. The bridal couple, witnesses, children and possibly the photographer all count;
- it’s not possible to play music before, during or after the ceremony;
- no speech is given by the Civil Registrar, he or she will only state the legally required wording.
- the budget ceremony lasts a maximum of half an hour