Moving to or within Almere

If you move within Almere or from another city in the Netherlands to Almere, you have to notify the municipality.

You can do this from four weeks before your move, or, at the very latest, five days after your move. Notification of your move is done online (a DigiD is needed to do so). Your move will then be updated in the Personal Records Database (Basisregistratie Personen, BRP). You will receive a confirmation of this in a letter sent to your new address.

Register your move to or within Almere

Who can submit this notification?

The declaration can be done by:

  • Yourself, if you are over 16 years of age.
  • A parent, guardian or care provider of children under 16 years of age.
  • Cohabiting spouses / registered partners can make the declaration for each other.
  • Cohabiting parent(s) and children over 16 years of age can make the declaration for each other.
  • The legal guardian for a person who is placed under guardianship.

What you need

To register your move to or within Almere you need:

  • A valid proof of identity.
  • Your rental or purchase contract (or the number on the purchase deed ('kadastrale nummer')).
  • If you are going to live with someone, you need written permission from the primary resident or owner (pdf, 73 KB) and a (copy) of their (legitimate) identification.
  • If you are a legal guardian, proof of this authorisation.