Public transport pass for Amsterdam & greater metropolitan area
Discover Amsterdam and the surrounding area with the Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket – The Regional Board of Amsterdam, Province of North-Holland, City of Almere and the operating companies Connexxion, GVB and EBS are introducing a new 24-hour public transport pass. This ‘Amsterdam & Regio Day Ticket’ is valid on metros, trams and buses.
The greater Amsterdam area offers so much more than just the big city sights. The Amsterdam & Region Day ticket lets you explore the regional highlights around the city. For example, visit Almere and enjoy the catching shopping area and modern architecture of this new town. Many other well-known attractions such as the beaches of Zandvoort, Edam's cheese market, the Aalsmeer flower auction and traditional villages like Volendam you can visit now with one single 24-hour public transport pass. When you purchase this ticket, you'll also get a public transport guide for the Amsterdam region with useful tips and sightseeing highlights.
Price & sales locations
The Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket costs €13.50. The card is available for purchase at select hotels and campsites, and ticket counters of the participating public transport companies, including the tickets & info desk at Schiphol Airport.
Using the Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket
The Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket is valid for 24 hours on any of the routes listed on the public transport guide including all regional R-net buses from Amsterdam to Almere and the Maxx city bus network in Almere.
Using your Amsterdam & Region Day Ticket is easy:
• Tickets are valid for 24 hours. Your ticket is activated the first time you check in on a tram, bus or metro.
• You must check in and out with your card every time you enter and exit one of the vehicles.
• Tickets are valid on all metro, tram and bus lines operated by GVB, Connexxion and EBS, including night buses.
• Tickets are NOT valid on NS trains, Arriva bus lines or the Fast Flying Ferry.
• If you have additional questions or your ticket appears to be defective, you can go to one of the sales locations for assistance.